Tuesday, March 29, 2011

February and March happenings

In February we went to my friend Katie's wedding in bham. Katie has been my friend since 3rd grade so I was happy to be able to be there on her special day. I LOVE weddings and always have the best time and this wedding was no exception. We had such a great night dancing the night away with besties Lauren and Brandon.






Valentine's day was a few days later so I got to where my fancy dress one last time. Danny took me to a really nice restaraunt in downtown Chattanooga and we had a four course meal. Normally we don't do anything big on Vday so it was fun getting all dressed up and making such a night out of it. Here is a pic the cable man took of us right before we headed out, haha!

 Not to much has been going on this month! Danny has been working really hard and I have gotten more involved with the Red Cross. Since I still don't have a job (ugh!!) I thought I would quit feeling sorry for myself and do something useful with my time. I am on a disaster action team and while on call I am notified by the fire chief/city/etc. of any natural disaster that has destroyed/partly destroyed someone's home in the area. I then contact the family, meet them, and help to assist with shelter, clothing, and food. It has been rewarding and sad at the same time!! ALWAYS ALWAYS have home/renters insurance!!!

I have also set up the sewing machine I got for Christmas and hope to become a pro! HA! Right now I am just playing around but on April 22nd I am going to a class at Hancock fabrics. I'm pretty pumped about it and would love to be able to make personalized baby gifts/clothes. I always love a good homemade gift :)

 We are beyond excited that Spring is finally here, and we can't wait to take the boat out. Danny bought a two person tube at wal-mart the other day and we can't wait to use it!! I also can't wait to start my garden!!!

That's it for now, I will try to blog more often now that Lauren taught me how to add pics!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment